Thursday, June 25, 2009

It just drips with irony

At the beginning of the month I wrote a piece entitled Is it a problem to be big and strong?
Well just after that piece was published I was flattened by a diminutive creature. I was taken down by a flu virus.

I was feeling well and attended our seniors Kenjutsu class on the saturday morning at seven o'clock. While having coffee after the class at nine o'clock in the morning I first started feeling a bit poorly, and on the way home I was hit by an incredible weariness.

The weekend disappeared in a blur as I spent the entire weekend sleeping and on Monday morning my GP confirmed it was flu and prescribed drugs. He wanted to give me a note to book me off for the week, but since I work for myself, my boss was already well aware of my condition and would also be the first to know when I was feeling better.

Now, three weeks later I am just starting to get back up to date with all my work. It is incredible how much of an impact a little virus can have on your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GO RIN NO SHO
The Book of Five Rings

It is said the warrior's is the twofold Way of pen and sword, and he should have a taste for both Ways. Even if a man has no natural ability he can be a warrior by sticking assiduously to both divisions of the Way. - Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Geshin